Product Review websites abound on the internet, but they are far away from all being equal in regard to honesty and integrity. Many product review sites seem to be unbiased at first, but further inspection indicates their true intent: to simply promote products favorably, so they can make money via affiliate links.
Below are a few methods to assess when a site as well as its owner(s) are only within it for the investment, or maybe they provide honest truly neutral, consumer-oriented product reviews:
1. Who Runs the website? A genuine review website will have an About/Bio/or Info page that details who owns the website (and oftentimes why they started it.) Way too many sites that claim to be ‘product review’ sites are very run by affiliates posing as “honest” reviewers, when in fact their sole intent is always to only recommend every product they blog about.
2. Do the Reviewers or Site Owners Get The Products Themselves? This can be a critical factor for review integrity. Much like scientific studies, you will find a strong proclivity towards favorable bias of a product if the reviewer failed to pay for it himself. The reality that a reviewer will pay for the merchandise(s) her or himself speaks volumes with regards to their impartiality and capacity to remain objective throughout the review.
3. Does the web site Review an Array of Products or Just One? A site that reviews a number of products is more prone to be neutral and a true review site compared to a site where only authority site on product review. Why would someone visit the trouble of building a web site for only one product then provide a negative review? Of course the review will be positive (although sometimes they could throw in a negative comment or two to give the look of being impartial.)
Single-product-sites are well-liked by affiliate marketers because the major search engines give strong weight to using keywords in the website name (url title.) So if the product being reviewed is ‘Acme List Building Secrets’, then using a domain of ‘AcmeListBuildingSecretsReview’ will most likely give that site a greater position in the major search engines.
4. Perform the Reviewers Only Have Positive Things to Say regarding the Products They Review? A totally neutral product review site may have both good and bad reviews. If all the reviews on the site are glowing, and each and every product is endorsed, then there’s a great bet the reviewer is serving his own interests as opposed to the ones from the consumer.
5. Does the Review Headline Use the Word ‘Scam’? This can be a classic tactic used by many unscrupulous reviewers to make use of keywords inside the title in addition to give the look of shoring up the trust factor. A sample uoncvg might read, “Is Acme List Building Secrets a Scam?” – because it utilizes the keyword phrase inside the title, along with that phrase will mirror what folks type in the search box if they have questions on a product or service.
These are merely a few key factors to find when assessing the integrity of the product review website. Understand that honest product review sites are available. As a a consumer, you need to evaluate a site’s integrity prior to deciding to trust its reviews